On 07/19/2016 11:51 AM, TomS. wrote:
Hi,

We have Flask app which uses SQLAlchemy. Weird error started to happen
recently. The difficulty is that we can't reproduce the error (/figure
out conditions causing issue) - maybe someone could help. Any hints/tips
would be appreciated.

There is a part in the code which constructs IN in SQL:

MyModel.id.in_(my_ids)

For some cases my_ids is an empty list. It works without any problems,
but after some time the same query (using empty list) starts to raise an
exception:

SAWarning: The IN-predicate on "MyModel.id" was invoked with an empty
sequence. This results in a contradiction, which nonetheless can be
expensive to evaluate.  Consider alternative strategies for improved
performance.

After restarting app, everything works again.

The question is - why this exception is not risen always (although we
tried to run app with empty list directly), but after some time of app
execution (~1 day)?

It's not an exception, it's a warning. Python warnings by default emit only once, see: https://docs.python.org/2/library/warnings.html#the-warnings-filter

Details:
Flask==0.10.1