On 08/11/2016 09:53 AM, Douglas Russell wrote:
of_type was what I was searching for. Thanks.

Unfortunately, it did not yield the desired results when I extended the
hierarchy to 3 levels (C->C2 with a relation between B and C).

I've updated the Gist.

B+B2 is successfully queried, but C+C2 is not. This will then result in
lazily generated queries when accessing C2.

In fact, it's actually a little more confusing even than that. With that
query, it does (in the original query)
Query for all A+A2
Query for all B+B2 (from the subqueryload)

Then once I start to print the hierarchy out, lazy queries:
Query for all C
Query for each C2

I'm not sure how to document this (I guess just add another example) but once you've done of_type(), that's now the type you're on and if you chain from there, it has to be in terms of that new type. The with_polymorphic() object you've made is that type (note the subclass namespace that's on the object):

b_b2 = with_polymorphic(B, [B2], flat=True)

r = session.query(A2).options(
    subqueryload(A2.bs.of_type(b_b2)).subqueryload(b_b2.B2.cs.of_type(
        with_polymorphic(C, [C2], flat=True))
    )
).all()

Cheers,