I suppose I could have a discriminator value for "function type", but I
have no use for it now (so yeah, the base class is a single column one).

It's a simplified model. The real use-case is as such - the base class is
"function" and the inheriting classes are all sorts of functions (all
concrete classes). They all have a collection of "arguments" (many to
many), which I define in the base class - since the "arguments" can only
point to a single table.

Maybe it's not the best mapping, I'm open for suggestions. But is there
anything wrong in my configuration or understanding?