On 09/06/2016 12:50 PM, bsdz wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

I think you misread my code. The method "remove" does exist. It's a method of
MetaData and not tables. See
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/core/metadata.html#sqlalchemy.schema.MetaData.

I did misread.

I'm not sure about automap. I'm not keen on reflecting all the tables in my
database and prefer fine grained control.

metadata.reflect() allows for limiting the set of tables using "only":

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/metadata.html?highlight=metadata.reflect#sqlalchemy.schema.MetaData.reflect.params.only

> Furthermore, I would like to keep deferred reflection as it allows one to choose an environment before binding to an engine.

automap and deferred reflection kind of do the same thing, it's just the former does a lot more.

in any case, launching prepare() from targeted mixins w/ DeferredReflection should work if I'm reading the code correctly (which we've already demonstrated is challenging me today).