On 09/22/2016 10:21 AM, Seth P wrote:
The documentation for DateTime,
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/type_basics.html?highlight=datetime#sqlalchemy.types.DateTime,
states
Parameters:*timezone* – boolean. If True, and supported by the backend,
will produce ‘TIMESTAMP WITH TIMEZONE’. For backends that don’t support
timezone aware timestamps, has no effect.
But this does not appear to be the case. In SQLAlchemy 1.0.15 with
oracle+cx_Oracle,

that documentation was written only with Postgresql in mind, since I'm not about to make the timezone type suddenly bump Oracle DATE to TIMESTAMP right now I've updated the documentation for clarity.

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/type_basics.html?highlight=datetime#sqlalchemy.types.DateTime

class FooBar(BaseModel):
    idx = sa.Column(sa.Integer, sa.Sequence('idx_seq'), primary_key=True)
    my_oracle_DATE = sa.Column(oracle.DATE(timezone=False))
    my_oracle_DATE_tz = sa.Column(oracle.DATE(timezone=True))
    my_DateTime = sa.Column(sa.DateTime(timezone=False))
*my_DateTime_tz = sa.Column(sa.DateTime(timezone=True))*
    my_TIMESTAMP = sa.Column(sa.TIMESTAMP(timezone=False))
    my_TIMESTAMP_tz = sa.Column(sa.TIMESTAMP(timezone=True))

emits

CREATE TABLE barra.foo_bar (
        idx INTEGER NOT NULL,
        "my_oracle_DATE" DATE,
        "my_oracle_DATE_tz" DATE,
        "my_DateTime" DATE,
*        "my_DateTime_tz" DATE,*
        "my_TIMESTAMP" TIMESTAMP,
        "my_TIMESTAMP_tz" TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE,
        PRIMARY KEY (idx)
)