Hi,
  I was wondering if there exists a dialect-wide way to query whether the
underlying database is in a transaction mode that requires an autocommit or
not. In Teradata, there is this notion of a transaction mode. When a
session in Teradata is in a certain transaction mode (TDBS), autocommits
are used (the COMMIT is implicit). Alternatively, when in ANSI mode, a
COMMIT must explicitly be specified for the end of a transaction (or
ROLLBACK or ABORT). I'm wondering if it would be useful to have something
like below in the Dialect interface:

def conn_supports_autocommit(self, connection, **kw):
   """
   returns true if the current underlying database session autocommits else
false
   """

Or if there is already something that effectively does this.

Thanks!