On 06/07/2017 02:31 PM, GMS wrote:
I am sure this is easier than I am making it, but I just want to add a property to a class so that decimal representations get truncated at 3 decimal digits.

My class is this:

class Measures(Model):
__tablename__= 'xcelera_measures'
id= Column(Numeric,primary_key=True)
     studyidk= Column(Numeric, ForeignKey('xcel.studyidk'))
    xceleragroup= relationship("Xcelera")
     explainstring= Column(String(255))
     mrn= Column(String(255))
     value= Column(Numeric)

     __mapper_args__= {
         "order_by": [mrn]
     }

and 'value' is the property/attribute that I want to also have a truncated version available in the class.

I tried adding this to the class value_new = column_property("%.3f" % value())

but got an error that

value_new = column_property("%.3f" % value)

"%" is a Python function, that doesn't execute on the database. This works as a normal Python descriptor:

class MyClass(Base):
    # ...

    @property
    def value_new(self):
        return "%.3f" % self.value

TypeError: float argument required, not Column

I also tried this as a hybrid_property, but I don't think I was using it correctly.

All I want to do is have the truncated version of my attribute available in my class.

Thanks!

Greg--

To post example code, please provide an MCVE: Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable Example. See http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve for a full description.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com>.

SQLAlchemy - The Python SQL Toolkit and Object Relational Mapper