In an attempt to simplify my app's logic, I want to move some mandatory
method calls into a model event.  Traditionally, I've used "after_insert"
but it has some quirks in that you need to use the "connection" argument to
make updates.  What I really want is more flexibility.  I'll need use of my
"db.session" property, for example.  I want it to behave like any other
part of my app.

A contrived example of the flow I have:

model = EventedModel()
session.add(model)
session.commit()

some_function_call(model)

Versus the flow I want:

@event.listens_for(EventedModel, 'after_commit')
def test(my_committed_model, *args, **kwargs):
    some_function_call(my_committed_model)