I'm actually happy with those results.  execute_batch is just a
drop-in, while execute_values is more complicated since we have to
intercept specific kinds of statements (INSERTS that have exactly one
VALUES clause invoked against multiple parameter sets), and still may
be more error prone.

a 7% slowdown for the 100000 rows w/ ORM case (13.9 to 14.9 seconds)
is fairly negligible considering the speedup from 29 seconds.