hi!

Not sure if this a bug or something I should in my SQLAlchemy dialect, but
currently

expr = (table.c.x + table.c.y).label('lx')
select([func.count(table.c.id), expr]).group_by(expr).order_by(expr)

compiles to:

SELECT count(some_table.id) AS count_1, some_table.x + some_table.y AS lx
\nFROM
some_table GROUP BY some_table.x + some_table.y ORDER BY lx;

which works fine for for example sqlite, but MonetDB requires the use of
the lx label in the GROUP BY, which I think makes sense? Should this be
addressed on the SQLalchemy side or on the MonetDB dialect side?

related issue:

https://github.com/gijzelaerr/sqlalchemy-monetdb/issues/21

greetings,

 - Gijs