On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Антонио Антуан <a.ch....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I got this code example:
> https://gist.github.com/aCLr/ff9462b634031ee6bccbead8d913c41f.
>
> Here I make custom `Session` and custom `Query`. As you see, `Session` has
> several binds.
>
> Also, you can see that there are two functions:
> `assert_got_correct_objects_with_remove` and
> `assert_got_cached_objects_without_remove`.
>
> The first checks that we got correct results if `Session.remove` called.
> The second checks, that we got incorrect results if `Session.remove` not
> called.
>
> I understand, that behavior is correct: we don't remove session - so, we got
> same result from "cache-like"
> `sqlalchemy.orm.loading._instance_processor.session_identity_map`.
>
> I want to avoid that mechanism and don't want to use `session_identity_map`
> for different binds. In ideal, bind should be used as part of key for
> `session_identity_map`, but I guess, that it is not possible.
> Another way, acceptable for me: disable this mechanism. But I do not found
> ways to achieve this.
> And the third option: construct instances manually. Looks like I should copy
> code from `loading` module and add that method to `CustomSession`:

there's really no reason at all to use a "ShardedSession" if you have
overlapping primary key spaces from each of your binds.   I'm not sure
if I mentioned this at the beginning of the emails regarding this
project but I hope that I mentioned just using separate Session
objects is vastly simpler for non-intricate sharding cases, such as
where you always know which shard you care about and you don't care
about any of the others for a certain operation.     The point of
ShardedSession is so that objects pulled from multiple databases can
be intermingled in the same query and in the same transaction - which
by definition means they have unique primary keys.   If that's not
what you're doing here I don't see what advantage all this complexity
is getting you.

If you're still convinced you need to be using a monolithic
ShardedSession then there needs to be some kind of translation of data
such that the mapper sees unique primary keys across the shards, or
unique classes.

I've tried to think of ways to do this without too much difficulty but
none of them are really worth the complexity and hackiness it would
require.   The absolutely quickest and most well-supported, no hacks
required way would be to properly create a composite primary key on
your classes, where the second column is your shard id:

class A(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'a'

    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    shard_id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)

I tried to see if the "shard_id" column can be some kind of expression
that is not a Column on the Table but the mapper() is not set up to
support this unless you mapped the whole class to a select()
construct, which would make for too-complicated SQL, and you'd still
need to intercept this select() using events to put the right shard id
in.  Another is to create a custom column that renders in a special
way, but again you need to create events to intercept it in every case
to put the right shard id in, and/or remove it from things like
insert() statements.

by far your two best solutions are: 1. use separate Session objects
per shard  2. make sure your data actually has shard-specific primary
keys