Hi,

I am using flask-sqlalchemy in my project, but I am not able to understand
how to query(filter_by) on a json column

test_example:

#I am using Postgresql backend
app = Flask(__name__)
app.config['SQLALCHEMY_DATABASE_URI'] =
'postgresql://postgres:postgres@localhost:5432/test_db'
db = SQLAlchemy(app)

#this is my test class
class Student(db.Model):
__tablename__        = 'students'
id=db.Column(db.Integer, primary_key=True, autoincrement=True)
name=db.Column(db.String(200))
roll_no=db.Column(db.Integer)
data_test=db.Column(db.JSON)

#to put data in table is used
s= Student(name='shrey',roll_no=100, data_test={'foo':'bar'})
db.session.add(s)
db.session.commit()

#I read in some links and i tried this

a = Student.query.filter(Student.data_test["foo"].astext =="bar").first()

here the error I am getting is :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sqlalchemyjson.py", line 44, in <module>
    a = Student.query.filter(Student.data_test["foo"].astext
=="bar").first()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/elements.py",
line 682, in __getattr__
    key)
AttributeError: Neither 'BinaryExpression' object nor 'Comparator' object
has an attribute 'astext'

I tried few other operations also, but nothing worked

can someone help me on this?