On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Sven <sven.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Maybe, the way to find out is to press ctrl-C during your test and then send
> me the stack trace.
>

> I am unfortunately not able to get any stack trace with ctrl-C. I don't know
> why. It has not effect during the crash which last a few seconds.
>
> Haven't seen many endless loop issues over the years but ctrl-C should give
> you a stack trace.   Also try calling sqlalchemy.orm.configure_mappers()
> first and see if that's where it's hanging.
>

>  Calling sqlalchemy.orm.configure_mappers() before the Weapon(arg1, arg2)
> works fine. The problem is not here.
>
> I must honestly say that I am a bit desesperate. If you have not often seen
> crashes like this during all this years, Mike, it certainly means that the
> problem is vicious and caused by some errors in our side. I expect to spend
> a huge amount of time trying to recreate my model step by step, hoping to
> find the problem. It could even be caused by our metaclasses or something
> like that.
>
> SQLAlchemy is open source. Is it possible to download the source and execute
> SQLAlchemy's code step by step with a Python debugguer like PDB ? Would it
> not be easier ?

Python libraries exist as source code, so you already have it in your
Python library directory, I will often put the pdb statements straight
into /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy, or if you want to
work straight from a git checkout you can clone it from
https://github.com/zzzeek/sqlalchemy/ and install it with development
flag, e.g. "pip install -e ."