On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:30:13PM -0700, Jose Miguel Ibáñez wrote:
> Please, find below an example of what I mean:
>
> class User(Base):
>      id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
>      name = Column(String)
>      fullname = Column(String)
>
>      def __init__(self, name, fullname):
>
>          self.name = name
>          self.fullname = fullname
>

> is the __init__() method recommended ?

The __init__() method is optional when you use Declarative, as the
Declarative extension provides a default constructor which accepts
keyword names that match the mapped columns

(Of course you are free to define any explicit __init__ to override the
default one)

> El jueves, 26 de abril de 2018, 18:48:53 (UTC+2), Jose Miguel Ibáñez
> escribió:
> >
> > Hi all !
> >
> > when defining a class (derived from Base), when is recommended to define
> > the __init__() method ?  I know this consideration  https://goo.gl/2umBJv,
> > but I can't see the diference when creating objects for database
> > population. It seems __init_() is never required.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > José M.
> >

> --
> SQLAlchemy -
>
> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/

> Verifiable Example.  See  http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve for a full
> description.
> ---

Julien Cigar
Belgian Biodiversity Platform (http://www.biodiversity.be)
PGP fingerprint: EEF9 F697 4B68 D275 7B11  6A25 B2BB 3710 A204 23C0