On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 5:17:00 PM UTC-4, Mike Bayer wrote:

> Well, SQLite locks the whole file during writes so that could be
> problematic.    if you have a write transaction open, it could cause
> problems.    I haven't stayed up to date on the latest SQLite changes,
> current behavior is here: http://sqlite.org/lockingv3.html   I'd note
> that the pysqlite driver is pretty conservative about when it locks
> the file as it's trying to allow for as much concurrency as it can.

Thanks.  I was looking mostly at the threading docs, and was worried about
this stuff.

I'm running the Postgres approach on sqlite, and it seems to be working.
I'll try stress testing it and hope for the best.  I really don't want to
refactor this app... though I may just drop transactions across the board
and make it all autocommit.