Thank you Jonathan!

I checked if my celery_state_session had been mistakenly connected to
zope.sqlalchemy as I am using pyramid_celery. I didn't find anything.
On the other hand, `domain_model_session` is wired to transaction.manager
by zope.sqlalchemy (zope.sqlalchemy.registry()).

I even tried creating the engine `eng` and `celery_state_session` step by
step:

> from .models import get_engine
> from sqlalchemy.orm import sessionmaker
> settings = self.app.conf["PYRAMID_REGISTRY"].settings
> eng = get_engine(settings)
> eng.update_execution_options(autocommit=True, autoflush=False)
> factory = sessionmaker()
> factory.configure(bind=eng)
> celery_state_session = factory()

Nothing  - same "incorrect" behavior :(

Maybe the `domain_model_session` being wired to transaction.manager and
threadlocal is affecting the behavior of my `celery_state_session`?