tables can be altered additively, sure

from sqlalchemy import *
from sqlalchemy.schema import CreateTable

m = MetaData()

# table w/ no PK
t = Table(
    "nopk", m,
    Column('q', Integer),
    Column('p', Integer)
)

# add a column w/ pk=True
t.append_column(Column('id', Integer, primary_key=True))

print(CreateTable(t))

# table w/ no PK
t2 = Table(
    "nopk_2", m,
    Column('q', Integer),
    Column('p', Integer)
)

# add a new pk constraint, append_constraint knows how to replace
# an empty pk constraint w/ a non-empty one
t2.append_constraint(PrimaryKeyConstraint("q", "p"))

print(CreateTable(t2))