More information

Similarly, we are creating a scoped session, we are doing session.close()

*I tried Null Pool which doesn't help*

Any ideas on that?

Relevant finding Is it odd that my SQLAlchemy MySQL connection always ends
up sleeping?
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8824826/is-it-odd-that-my-sqlalchemy-mysql-connection-always-ends-up-sleeping>

Handle mysql restart in SQLAlchemy
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3033234/handle-mysql-restart-in-sqlalchemy>