Hoi Mike,

You're right, we should probably measure it first. You state that the
simple joins and filters are probably cheap which I don't doubt. We also do
correlated subqueries and stuff. Actually, we also use the baking mechanism
to cache some of our own processing which goes into the construction of the
query.

However, if the QueryContext is the important part then it may not matter.
We'll time it and see what happens. My question was mostly whether the
"spoil but not spoil" approach might be a quickwin.

Have a nice day,
Martijn

Martijn van Oosterhout <klep...@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/