Hi

Brand new to SA.  The database I'm using uses a string field to represent
boolean values, using T or F.

I want to use the SA boolean type but can't figure out how to get it to let
me.

Here is what I'm doing so far:

class RequisitionPeriod(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'requisition_period'

    id = Column(BigInteger, primary_key=True)
    week_ends = Column(Date)
    order_cutoff = Column(Date)
    current = Column(String(1), default='F')

    @property
    def current(self):
        return True if self.current_ == 'T' else False

    @current.setter
    def current(self, current):
        if isinstance(current, bool):
            self.current_ = 'T' if current else 'F'

    def __repr__(self):
        return '%s' % self.week_ends

But, this doesn't allow me to query easily off the 'current' column.

Any advice for a newb?

I've tried both...

rp = session.query(RequisitionPeriod).filter_by(current='T').one()

rp = session.query(RequisitionPeriod).filter_by(current=True).one()

Both return

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jim/dev/qlf/qlf/model.py", line 633, in <module>
    rp = session.query(RequisitionPeriod).filter_by(current='T').one()
  File
"/home/jim/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.py",
line 2960, in one
    raise orm_exc.NoResultFound("No row was found for one()")
sqlalchemy.orm.exc.NoResultFound: No row was found for one()

The data should be returning 1 row.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jim