Starting my first SA project (have one more planned after this one's
working) and appreciate advice on organizing project files. I understand the
MVC pattern and am trying to apply it with subdirectories of model/, view/,
and controller/ yet I'm unsure where to place SQLAlchemy.

This is the overall structure: the backend is a postgresql database, SA will
access it via psycopg2 (the engine should be properly configured for this),
and the GUI is being written using tkinter.

Now, ../model/model.py has the classes that represent the postgres table;
../views/ contains four files: data_entry_dialogs.py, ttkcalendar.py, commonDlgs.py, and data_entry_validators.py; and ../controller/ is empty.

One of the classes in data_entry_dialogs.py has two ttk.Combobox widgets
whose values are in two classes in models.py. I assume that a properly
structured SA statement (not yet written or tested) can select the rows from
the two tables, store them in a list, and that list passed to the
ttk.Comboboxes for their input_arg values. I'll work on an appropriate
statement RSN, but now want to learn whether to put all SA code in
models.py, in the model/ directory, or the controller/ directory.

If this is in the ORM tutorial I've missed seeing it so pointers to docs
that address these two issues are very welcome.

TIA,

Rich

--
SQLAlchemy - The Python SQL Toolkit and Object Relational Mapper