Note the mysql-connector people actually contacted us this week on the
devel list, and while mysql-connector-python does still have a lot of
major issues they are not as bad as the ones I listed on the site, as
apparently there is a totally different fork of it called
mysql-connector also on pypi that is ancient so most of the problems
were there.    Current 8.x release still has binary data issues and
possibly some lockup issues though.