On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 5:15 PM Jonathan Vanasco <jvana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 3:29:47 PM UTC-4, Mike Bayer wrote:
>>
>> The connection pool is safe in single process multiple threads.  It breaks
>> on fork() because the socket travels across the process boundary and is
>> essentially copied between two or more processes that are unaware of each
>> other.

> Mike, I absolutely trust you on this and am accepting your statement as fact,
> but I have *somehow* had issues in the past running Pyramid in a threaded
> server without `dispose()`, which stopped once I invoked `dispose()`. I
> assumed it was because of that particular shared memory issue, but it must be
> elsewhere.

dispose() might work with threads because you have a MySQL connection
that's already in a corrupted state, gets returned to the pool and is
still broken.   We had this happening a lot in conjunction with
greenlets timing out and cutting off PyMySQL socket communication
mid-stream but that issue was fixed.