oh nevermind, this is a simple issue:

    patches = association_proxy(
        "patches", "patch", creator=lambda p: Server2Patch(patch=p)
    )

conflicts with:

    request_server = relationship(
        "Request2Server",
        backref=backref("patches"),
        foreign_keys=[
            request2server_request_id_fk,
            request2server_server_ip_fk,
        ],
    )

it is overwriting the "patches" relationship.    Change to:

    patches = association_proxy(
        "_patches", "patch", creator=lambda p: Server2Patch(patch=p)
    )

    request_server = relationship(
        "Request2Server",
        backref=backref("_patches"),
        foreign_keys=[
            request2server_request_id_fk,
            request2server_server_ip_fk,
        ],
    )

the association proxy should raise for this condition, e.g. pointing
it to itself.