I think Mike's suggestion was to construct the raw SQL string you want,
then reverse engineer to get the correct SQL Alchemy code, which you can
then use with your different models. For complicated SQL logic I think this
is a good practice in general.

You current question seems like a general SQL question rather than
something specific to SQL Alchemy. After you've the SQL, we could discuss
the reverse engineering.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CALDF6i1aehirZNM3ac60nw8N-A8Hbs2JoALx4p_WEesoqOn%2BZg%40mail.gmail.com.