On Mon, Jul 1, 2019, at 5:20 PM, sector119 wrote:
> For example I have a property 'path' with CTE like this and it wouldn't
> return set of rows, but scalar value as array[] of rows
> would it be possible to load this property as subquery() ?

I don't know from a SQL perspective you'd likely have to use some PG array
function that does that, I don't really use those functions because I don't
really buy into PG's SQL extension culture. But anyway, if you can build a
correlated scalar subquery that returns what you want, use column_property()
and that will get it for you.

I can get the basic idea using func.array():

from sqlalchemy import Column
from sqlalchemy import create_engine
from sqlalchemy import ForeignKey
from sqlalchemy import func
from sqlalchemy import Integer
from sqlalchemy import select
from sqlalchemy import String
from sqlalchemy.orm import column_property
from sqlalchemy.orm import relationship
from sqlalchemy.orm import Session

Base = declarative_base()

class A(Base):
 __tablename__ = "a"

 id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
 data = Column(String)
 bs = relationship("B")

class B(Base):
 __tablename__ = "b"
 id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
 a_id = Column(ForeignKey("a.id"))
 data = Column(String)

A.b_data = column_property(
 func.array(select([B.data]).where(B.a_id == A.id).as_scalar())
)

e = create_engine("postgresql://scott:tiger@localhost/test", echo=True)
Base.metadata.drop_all(e)
Base.metadata.create_all(e)

s = Session(e)

s.add_all(
 [A(bs=[B(data="b1"), B(data="b2")]), A(bs=[B(data="b3"), B(data="b4")])]
)
s.commit()

for a1 in s.query(A):
 print(a1.b_data)

> Of course I can include that CTE query in my query(Locality) using
> subquery(), but it would be cool if I'll be able to "undefer" that property
> somehow like relation )
>
> @property
> def path(self):
>  session = object_session(self)
>
>  def get_locality_path_q(locality_id):
>  parent_q = session.query(Locality).filter(Locality.id ==
> locality_id).cte(recursive=True)
>
>  parents = aliased(parent_q)
>
>  locality_alias = aliased(Locality)
>
>  q = parent_q.union_all(
>  session.query(locality_alias).join(parents, locality_alias.id ==
> parents.c.parent_id)
>  )
>
>  cte = aliased(Locality, q)
>
>  return session.query(cte).order_by(cte.id)
>
>  return get_locality_path_q(self.id)
>
> вторник, 2 июля 2019 г., 0:03:20 UTC+3 пользователь Mike Bayer написал:
>> I don't know what you mean. is there SQL you know you want or is that the
>> part you want to figure out?
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019, at 4:21 PM, sector119 wrote:
>>> Mike, is it possible to load "@property" as subquery? Maybe as
>>> ARRAY[path_item, path_item, ...]
>>>
>>> воскресенье, 30 июня 2019 г., 20:26:42 UTC+3 пользователь Mike Bayer

**
**    *__table_args__ = {*'schema'*: SYSTEM_SCHEMA}

**            **return

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/03b9c076-5be9-4a68-ba35-08555cd2b78f%40www.fastmail.com.