There's a long history, going back over a decade, that issues which have
existed for a long time are suddenly reported in twos, that is, within a day of
each other.

A recent example is just yesterday Alembic reporting both that type comparison
*does* check the length of the types, and that it is mis-documented, and
literally three hours earlier a report stating that it *does not* check the
length: https://github.com/sqlalchemy/alembic/issues/613
https://github.com/sqlalchemy/alembic/issues/612
<https://github.com/sqlalchemy/alembic/issues/613>

today, we have this issue, which I can confirm has existed since version 1.2
over two years ago, reported for the first time ever here, and then a day later
in https://github.com/sqlalchemy/sqlalchemy/issues/4947 .

I realized I can likely have the baked loader invalidate itself if
before_compile occurs. this will allow it to work for other cached loaders too
like select in loading.

will try that now.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/3bc4182b-906e-4193-a593-fc844c921700%40www.fastmail.com.