With a dataframe you can do df.columns to get the column labels and
df[["col1","col2"]] to extract column1 and column2

rowProxy has similar functionality as explained before

However if I use s= fetchmany() I return a string and it's not possible to
do the equivalent s.keys() and s["col1"].

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CAN14jWRyWKkP_gVKvt1-QxLnkkrTeBvi6mWxVtoRuFdEe9FOTg%40mail.gmail.com.