Hi,

I'm not sure this is supported or intended to work, but I'm trying to use a
value inside a JSONB field in a relationship.

class Department(DeclarativeBase):
  __tablename__ = "department"
  department_id = Column(Integer, autoincrement=True, primary_key=True)

class Project(DeclarativeBase):
    __tablename__ = "project"

    project_id = Column(Integer, autoincrement=True, primary_key=True)
    meta = Column(MutableDict.as_mutable(JSONB), nullable=False, default={})
    department = relation(
        "Department",
        viewonly=True,
        primaryjoin="foreign(Department.department_id) ==
Project.meta['department_id'].astext.cast(Numeric)",
    )

When I try to access project.department I get the following error:

ProgrammingError: (psycopg2.errors.AmbiguousFunction) operator is not
unique: unknown ->> unknown
LINE 3: ...vite": true, "send_project_record_invite": true}' ->> 'depar...
                                                             ^
HINT:  Could not choose a best candidate operator. You might need to add
explicit type casts.

Is there a way to do this wth relationship? Fair enough if not supported, I
can work around it with hybrid properties or column properties, was just
trying a different way.

Thanks for a great library,
João

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CAJGrhWZ8sZ%2BGU0y7K9RSu03ie6Y-1Y-S3%3DwgYQ_meLG%3DK4qjxA%40mail.gmail.com.