On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, at 9:05 AM, Javier Collado Jiménez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using ORM, i'm inserting like that:
>
> session.add(table_mapper(**datum))
>
> And updating:
>
> session.query(dest_table).filter_by(**filters).filter(filter_column >
> from_date).update(datum, synchronize_session=False)
>

> Is there a way to get returning rowid of the rows affected.
>
> I want to keep them to be used in further updates (it's really faster if you
> use rowid in UPDATE WHERE clause)

you would need to construct a core UPDATE statement adding this column using
returning() (see
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/core/dml.html?highlight=returning#sqlalchemy.sql.expression.Update.returning
 ). You might want to add it to your table definition as a "system" column
perhaps, not really sure. making a system column is illustrated at
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/orm/versioning.html?highlight=system#server-side-version-counters

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/a0479ba2-6525-417c-af41-db56c0baaa59%40www.fastmail.com.