Hello

I would like to assert the contents of tables in my PG schema i.e. make
sure it contains the data I'm expecting

I am aware of various options:

1) Compare the actual and expected tables using a sql query, orchestrated
by sqlalchemy (i.e. create the actual and expected tables in DB, run the
sql comparison script, return the output)
2) Load the actual tables as tuples and compare them with expected tuples
using something like assert_result
https://github.com/sqlalchemy/sqlalchemy/blob/d933ddd503a1ca0a7c562c51c503139c541e707e/lib/sqlalchemy/testing/assertions.py#L465
3) Load the actual tables as dataframes and compare them with expected
dataframes using pandas assert_frame_equal
https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/reference/api/pandas.testing.assert_frame_equal.html

Any recommendations / thoughts would be much appreciated, both as to the
approach and the implementation :-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/d786a59c-b995-4614-8023-bd27f20b2dee%40googlegroups.com.