Does anyone know if there is an easy way to extend the relationships system
so that I can specify the uselist I expect for back_populates relationships?

One of my projects has a complex model with a mix of one-to-one and
one-to-many relationships that declare `uselist`.  I'd like to ensure I
declare the correct `uselist` on each side of the relationship, and ensure
an Exception is raised at runtime if one side is declared incorrectly.

as a use-case example, I'd like to do something like:

class Foo(Base):
    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    bars = relationship("Bar",
                        primaryjoin="Foo.id==Bar.foo_id",
                        uselist=True,
                        back_populates="foo",
                        back_populates_uselist=False,  # ensure the
`uselist` on the `back_populates` relationship is False
                        )

class Bar(Base):
    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    foo_id = Column(Integer)
    foo = relationship("Foo",
                       primaryjoin="Bar.foo_id==Foo.id",
                       uselist=False,
                       back_populates="bars",
                       back_populates_uselist=True,  # ensure the `uselist`
on the `back_populates` relationship is True
                       )

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/07adaa47-0556-485d-be89-a102e8bbd2d5%40googlegroups.com.