Hi,

I am trying to create partition on sql using sqlalchemy. I am using the
declarative system. So as we have the following code in simple sql

CREATE TABLE employees (
    id INT NOT NULL,
    fname VARCHAR(30),
    lname VARCHAR(30)
    job_code INT NOT NULL,
    store_id INT NOT NULL)
PARTITION BY RANGE (store_id) (
    PARTITION p0 VALUES LESS THAN (6),
    PARTITION p1 VALUES LESS THAN (11),
    PARTITION p2 VALUES LESS THAN (16),
    PARTITION p3 VALUES LESS THAN MAXVALUE);

I am trying to write an equivalent code for my class :

class Employee(Base):
      __tablename__ = "employee"
      __table_args__ = {'mysql_engine': 'InnoDB'}

      emp_id = Column(Integer, nullable=False)
      fname = Column(String,  nullable=False)
      lname = Column(String,  nullable=False)
      job_code = Column(Integer, nullable=False)
      store_id = Column(Integer, nullable=False)

I referred to
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sqlalchemy/Partition$20by$20oracle%7Csort:date/sqlalchemy/qCQFD2LNyTQ/5WyRUP9oBwAJ
 , but sort of wrote something similer for my actual class below:

class VeryRandom(Base):
    __tablename__ = "lil_cool_data"

    __table_args__ = {
        'info': {
            'mysql_partition': """
                 PARTITION BY RANGE(min)
                 (PARTITION p1 VALUES LESS THAN (6),
                  PARTITION p2 VALUES LESS THAN (10),
                  PARTITION p3 VALUES LESS THAN (20),
                  PARTITION p4 VALUES LESS THAN (MAXVALUE)
                  )
             """
        }
    }
    starttime = Column(DateTime, nullable=False)
    min = Column(COL_INTEGER, nullable=False, primary_key=True)
    random5 = Column(COL_INTEGER, nullable=False)
    random4 = Column(Enum('stale', 'fresh'), nullable=False)
    random3 = Column(COL_INTEGER, nullable=False)
    random2 = Column(COL_INTEGER, nullable=False)
    random1 = Column(Boolean, nullable=False, default=False)

But this does not create partion for me. What am i doing wrong ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/0f9167bd-b766-48b6-a788-e86b18a729c5%40googlegroups.com.