> You can adjust `expire_on_commit` if you're only doing short-term
read-only actions.

Can you expand on this?  Or link to docs/blog so I can do some research.
Google hasn't helped me so far.  Why would I want to expire after every
commit?

---

I agree with your assessment.  I think its because every time I call
"session".  I'm actually saying "session_maker()".  So the _flushing
attribute will be reset because its a new session instance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/8185b96d-35cb-4973-a9cf-1e572ebd643b%40googlegroups.com.