So there is good news and bad news hehe.
Good news is if I query all the other columns (no encrypted) columns it
works. All results are returned correctly and decrypted.
Bad news, if I query the encrypted column, nothing is "found".

This is my model:
class StudentFormField(db.Model):
    __tablename__ = 'student_form_fields'

    student_id = db.Column(Integer, ForeignKey('students.id'),
primary_key=True)

    field_id = db.Column(String(100), primary_key=True)

    decrypted_field_value = db.Column("field_value", EncryptedValue(),
nullable=False)

    #field_value = db.Column(db.String)

    def __init__(self, student_id, field_id, field_value):
        self.student_id = student_id
        self.field_id = field_id
        self.decrypted_field_value = field_value

Query Example:
StudentFormField.query.filter_by(decrypted_field_value = 'secrets').first()

Returns None even though I have an encrypted value of "secrets" in that
column.
Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/0cb3753d-8f5e-41af-8770-ec15dd538fa2o%40googlegroups.com.