Greetings,

My name is Alceu and this is my first post to this group and I'm a newbie
regarding SQLAlchemy.

I have some projects that are using SQLAlchemy and PostgreSQL and they are
running fine until we have to run automated tests that uses PostgreSQL and
they took ~5 minutes to complete, even after trying to improve PostgreSQL
configuration for better performance.

Those tests are meant to be executed locally, so SQLite (in memory) would
be a much faster option.

The problem is, creating a model for the SQLite dialect results in
something incompatible with PostgreSQL (I'm quite aware that their inner
mechanisms are very different).

Is it possible to generate models that could be compatible between the two
databases systems, so I could switch from to another depending on the
environment? Retaining data is not something required since all data
created from the tests will be disposable anyway.

Thanks!
Alceu

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/0ea4334a-5e4b-402e-a307-9168bd8713d4n%40googlegroups.com.