Yes, Mike, that solved the problem! I forgot to pass the column name.

Now I get a different error: bindparam is not json-serializable.
StatementError('(builtins.TypeError) Object of type BindParameter is not
JSON serializable'),

Is the JSONB column not supporting lazy/bindparam-compatible "preparing" of
queries?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CADKhPGQkUh3cqws3Tj9i%2BATs0DRXh4pX-U8MyWWHGnen%2Bt2ZRA%40mail.gmail.com.