I used to find MS Access to be a very useful tool in the right hands. I've
been doing some python script coding in LibreOffice Base and started
looking at sqlalchemy it looks as if it wouldnt be too much of a job to add
the components necessary to turn LO Base front end into something not far
from the Access of old (I have not used MS for 20 years or so). I was
wondering if anyone has ventured there or is interested in providing some
input?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/d979a062-2b51-4646-babf-95d08abb6138n%40googlegroups.com.