Yes, my bad; it should state: # at this moment, child.parent_id
<http://child.id/> is None. What is strange, when added single_parent=True
to the relationship - it then worked as I would expected. I guess its some
of my misunderstanding of how relationship works. In case needed, I will
set working sample, this one was just extracted from more complicated code.

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/0c78d1b8-58c9-475b-8355-17af30c7b146n%40googlegroups.com.