Hello

I'd like to understand how to turn off a before_compile listener (e.g. soft
delete, to include deleted items).

For example,

I've adapted the example from the docs:
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/orm/events.html?highlight=before_compile#sqlalchemy.orm.events.QueryEvents.before_compile

<https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/orm/events.html?highlight=before_compile#sqlalchemy.orm.events.QueryEvents.before_compile>

To use the field 'archived' , which works as expected.

@event.listens_for(Query, "before_compile", retval=True, bake_ok=True)
def filter_archived(query):
    for desc in query.column_descriptions:
        if desc["type"] is Person:
            entity = desc["entity"]
            query = query.filter(entity.archived == 0)
    return query

I've tried things such as:

Person.query.filter_by(archived=True).all()

But I don't understand yet where I should put such kwargs to override the
before_compile events listener

Is the following the right path?

@event.listens_for(Query, "before_compile", retval=True, bake_ok=True)
def filter_archived(query, **kwargs):
    for desc in query.column_descriptions:
        if kwargs["include_archived"] is not True and desc["type"] is
Person:
            entity = desc["entity"]
            query = query.filter(entity.archived == 0)
    return query

Kind regards
Chris

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/d9ca992a-9075-4c1b-b4a0-32179f48b5bdn%40googlegroups.com.