Hello,

I am on Sqlalchemy 1.2 and looking to upgrade to 1.4.

I have a lot of Core code that looks like this:

    # returns an array of columns
    select_fields = make_select_fields(...)
    sel = select(select_fields)

Passing an array to select is now deprecated, so I'm planning on changing
all my code to:

    sel = select(*select_fields)

I was curious to know what the rationale for the change in this API is.

Thanks and best regards,

Matthew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/c0de313c-a113-4e8f-9ae4-f30be96a8c9dn%40googlegroups.com.