I have consistently receiving the warning:
will not produce a cache key because the ``cache_ok`` flag is not set to
True.  Set this flag to True if this type object's state is safe to use in
a cache key, or False to disable this warning.

After reading the documentation, I learned that the "cache_ok" class-level
attribute can be set to either True or False. But the documentation is very
abstract on when to use it? What is cache key? Is it for loading and
caching a set of objects from the database? Or caching the query itself?

If my TypeDecorator class doesn't even have a __init__method, just
"process_bind_param" and "process_result_value" two methods, do I even need
to bother with this "cache_ok" setting at all?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/abe578f0-fd11-468f-857d-dee6fd77ebc5n%40googlegroups.com.