I have a Parent and a Child class with a many-to-many relationship between
the two. Both classes are populated with data from an external API. When
pulling info on the Child from the API, the API will also give me the
identifiers of the Parents, some of whom may not be in the database, but
the reverse isn't necessarily true (grabbing info on the parents doesn't
necessarily identify the children)

Should I have the children objects query for the parents (and maybe
vice-versa) or not? Perhaps I should inform the main routine of the
multiple parents/cchildren?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/d7738fe0-5d85-4e64-8404-3119df9268fcn%40googlegroups.com.