This is what I see with echo=True using the following block:

select pg_catalog.version()
[raw sql] {}

select current_schema()
[raw sql] {}

show standard_conforming_strings
[raw sql] {}

BEGIN (implicit; DBAPI should not BEGIN due to autocommit mode)
DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS md_server
[raw sql] {}
CREATE DATABASE md_server
[raw sql] {}
ROLLBACK using DBAPI connection.rollback(), DBAPI should ignore due to
autocommit mode

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/08dd6622-0bdf-46fc-8179-f18421640af4n%40googlegroups.com.