"Mike Bayer" <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2022, at 2:31 PM, Lele Gaifax wrote:

>> > great, we can add those.

Wrt "empty", what's your preference, leaving it as is and expose a
"isempty" property or rename the attribute to "isempty" (and possibly)
add a backward compat "empty" property?

>> Yes, it could be done that way too, but from the developer perspective,
>> how is he going to create Range instances? Changing the constructor to
>> require a "type" argument seems uglier than using a specific class.
>
> well we could add functions to create Range objects with different
> types, or maybe class constructors like Range.new_daterange(x, y). We
> already have a class hierarchy with AbstractRange, I dont want to make
> *two* class hierarchies, that increases complexity and additionally
> none of the DBAPIs have type-specific range objects.

Agree, I'm slightly inclined toward class constructors (less symbols to
import here and there). Also, "new_date_range()" seems clearer...

Thanks&bye, lele.
l...@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/87h6yfover.fsf%40metapensiero.it.