Hi,

This might be a strange question, but I tried to find this in the
documentation to no avail.

Is it possible to use something like load_only to override which columns
are loaded in when loading a relationship (as in, a relationship that is
not loaded at first with the original query)?

Something like:
class ModelB:

class ModelA:
  model_b = relationship("ModelB")

model_a =
session.query(ModelA).options(load_only(Model_b.only_field_i_want_in_the_future)).filter(ModelA.id==1).first()

It's a bit strange, but I want to ensure if someone loads the model_b
property in the future, only specific columns are loaded in at first.

I can do this if I just query for model_b via the foreign key instead of
using the relationship property, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Sorry if this question is a bit weird/confusing, it's kind of a strange use
case.

Thanks,
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/71fd35e3-6840-4c19-84d8-6cf6f0cf3239n%40googlegroups.com.