Thanks for the prompt response, Michael ...

On Wednesday, October 11, 2023 at 7:01:47 AM UTC-6 Mike Bayer wrote:

SQLAlchemy does not include support for this driver - the only IBM driver
is the ibm_db_sa you reference, so short of writing your own driver based
on that one, that's what's available.

I infer there's a plugin regimen in the SQLAlchemy source to connect with
supported drivers ... and some technology for type conversions?
I guess I should clone the source and see if it's possible to add a hookup
for the IBM i Access Client Solutions ODBC driver?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/b520f2dd-0bb7-4b74-b1d6-5a145858cd6bn%40googlegroups.com.