Jonathan,

My understanding is that a file must have an embedded, explicit
copyright notice in order to carry a license, and this change reverses
that.  I definitely agree that out-of-date copyright notices are a
problem, but it seems like a minor problem compared to (effectively)
removing the license from every file.  This should have been discussed
on the list before the change was committed.

--
Darren Chamberlain <d...@sevenroot.org>