Greg Obleshchuk wrote:
> Hello, I am curious about what problems the lawyers have (apart from being a
> lawyer that is) with SQLite being used in a commercial product.  I read the
> line "No indemnity comes with it" which is a very funny statement.  Funny
> because I don't know of any third party (third party to your project) product
> (control , DLL, compiler, OS ) that will indemnify you over any damage that
> they may or may not cause.

What the lawyers are looking for is proof of ownership.  They do
not want to get into a situation where some third party (ex: SCO)
comes forward, claims to have rights to the code, and tries to
bill you for damages.

BTW, I just noticed on http://lwn.net/ that wxWindows has set up
a foundation to get copyright releases from all of their contributors.
Based on the feedback I've had from lawyers lately, I'm guessing this
will be the wave of the future for open-source projects that lack a
transitive license (like GPL or LGPL).

-- D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565