Not quite.  IMHO, it's better that os.c catches this UNICODE macro, and then
uses MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte inside.  The other way is
to use an assert(FALSE) to prevent compilation using UNICODE, then the naive
programmers like me will know something needs to be taken care of.

-Arthur